St Michael's Church History

St Michael's has been the parish church for Galleywood for over 140 years since its establishment as a separate parish from St Mary's, Great Baddow.

This section contains:

The Village of Galleywood - originally Gavelwode - as depicted in a musical journey of the same name composed by Eric Withams and presented at St Michael's Church in 2015.

St Michael's Church has a history and a narrative is available by following the tab 'St Michael's Church', together with photographs to illustrate many of the items and aspects of the history.

St Michael's Graveyard - is an open,  'live' graveyard (if that is not a contradiction) with a garden of Remembrance. The churchyard is regularily maitained by a devoted group of volunteers, one of whom has meticulaously indexed the graves in the  churchyard (as at Sept 2018). various Excel spreadsheets are available to download and a paper copy is available to view at the church

Vicars of Galleywood 1873 to present

Privacy Notice | Powered by Church Edit